1. Structuralism: 'When a series of actions allow the audience to follow the details of the plot, allowing them to become absorbed in the narrative'. This is...
- Action codes
- Symbolic codes
- Enigmatic codes
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Liberal Pluralism...
- suggests the idea that media products are subject to the wishes of the audience
- suggests the idea that the media manipulates the audience to prevent rebellion
- suggests the idea that government contrainsts and concerns don't limit the inclusiveness of the media
3. Post Colonialism is...
- Concerned with the cumulative effect of engaging with a variety of media products
- Concerned with the changing representation of ethnicities in the media
- Concerned with the representation of homosexuals and how this is usually limited by the media
4. The second level on which we read media products is...
- Syntactic Level
- Stereotypical Level
- Signalisational Level
- Cultural Level
- Symbolic Level
- Representational Level
- Synaptic Level
5. Regulation and Censorship can link to...
- The effect of Globalisation
- News Values
- Media Effects