1. Dyer also had a theory in which of these topics?
- Moral Panics
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who argued that the meaning audiences place on celebrities is linked to the pleasure gained through fantasising about escaping the confines of their own lives?
- Stacey (1994)
- Dyer (2004)
- Chomsky and Herman (1988)
3. Structuralism 'whena plot is structured around a series of questions to maintain the audiences' interest in the product'. This is...
- Symbolic codes
- Enigmatic codes
- Action codes
4. Liberal Pluralism...
- suggests the idea that government contrainsts and concerns don't limit the inclusiveness of the media
- suggests the idea that media products are subject to the wishes of the audience
- suggests the idea that the media manipulates the audience to prevent rebellion
5. Dyer (1979) suggested which of the following about stereotyping
- Women are stereotyped as passive objects
- It reduces the complexity and variety of a group to a few characteristics
- that not all elements of stereotypes are false