1. Structuralism: Barthes (1974) argued that narrative codes are identifiable across a range of media products.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Structuralism 'whena plot is structured around a series of questions to maintain the audiences' interest in the product'. This is...
- Enigmatic codes
- Action codes
- Symbolic codes
3. Liberal Pluralism...
- suggests the idea that government contrainsts and concerns don't limit the inclusiveness of the media
- suggests the idea that media products are subject to the wishes of the audience
- suggests the idea that the media manipulates the audience to prevent rebellion
4. Which is these is NOT a media effects theory?
- Social Learning perspective
- Two Step Flow
- Cultivation/Saturation Perspecetive
- Hyperdermic Needle theory
5. The second level on which we read media products is...
- Stereotypical Level
- Symbolic Level
- Representational Level
- Cultural Level
- Synaptic Level
- Signalisational Level
- Syntactic Level