1. How do we calculate the F test?
- You have two double the P value as we need to allow for the fact that either of the variances could have been bigger. "=FDIST(0.53/0.197,99,99)*2"
- F = variance 1 ÷ variance 2. That is, F is simply the ratio of the variances. For this reason, the F-test is often called the ‘variance ratio test’. You use the degrees of freedom samples of the numerator and denominator
- F= variance 1 x variance 2
- F = mean 1 / mean 2.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is not a characteristic of an ANOVA I within country extreme example?
- When we can account of overall means as each country means, the country means are not significantly different, but are instead the same.
- When we can account for all the variance by using country means instead of overall means, the country means are significantly different.
- All the variation (this time SST=1) is within-country variation (SSE=1) and there is no between-country variation (SSM=0).
3. Which statement is incorrect about error bars on Excel?
- Excel only knows the value of the mean and not the other data sets
- It will either add the wrong error bars or add none at all as does not obtain the whole dataset
- You have to do is calculate the SD, SE or CI yourself and then enter it in this ‘custom’ option, specifying your correct value as both the upward-extending bar (‘positive’) and the downward one (‘negative’).
- You can use the option of standard error or standard deviation in Excel
- Make colomn first and then add the error bars yourself
4. Definition of central tendancy
- When cannot measure a value perfectly so automatically introduces uncertainty
- All different values
- A typical value
- A value that lies within the values
5. Which statement is incorrect about the FITTED VALUE?
- Our model uses this information, as best it can, to produce a prediction (fitted value) for any rice grain
- These fitted values can be compared with the actual (or OBSERVED) values.
- The best our model can do is predict that any given rice grain’s length will not be the mean grain length of rice from the same country – as judged by the grains in our sample.
- These values come from the best fit procedure, the mean is the single value that best describes the data, it fits the data better than any other single value