1. What action taken in April 1962 increased tensions already running high as a result of the failure of the Vienna Summit and the building of the Berlin Wall?
- America placed nuclear missiles in Turkey.
- Khrushchev and Nixon had a public argument - "the Kitchen debate" - during a visit to a US Trade Fair.
- The Americans would not let Khrushchev visit Disneyland during a visit to Los Angeles.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why Khrushchev demanded the withdrawal of American troops from Berlin in 1958?
- It made Capitalist look bad
- Khrushchev wanted to control all of Berlin
- Everyone was staying in East Germany
3. Who was the American-backed dictator of Cuba before Castro's successful revolution in 1959?
- Colonel Batista
- Che Guevara
- Colonel Sanders
4. Who took over from Rakosi on 24 October 1956?
5. What was Castro's reaction to the invasion of April 1961?
- He asked Khrushchev to visit Cuba.
- He asked Khrushchev to defend Cuba.
- He asked Khrushchev to leave Cuba.
Similar History resources: