1. What action taken in April 1962 increased tensions already running high as a result of the failure of the Vienna Summit and the building of the Berlin Wall?
- America placed nuclear missiles in Turkey.
- Khrushchev and Nixon had a public argument - "the Kitchen debate" - during a visit to a US Trade Fair.
- The Americans would not let Khrushchev visit Disneyland during a visit to Los Angeles.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was the American-backed dictator of Cuba before Castro's successful revolution in 1959?
- Colonel Batista
- Che Guevara
- Colonel Sanders
3. Which of these was not a result of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
- Kennedy lost prestige.
- A telephone "hot-line" was set up.
- A Nuclear Test Ban Treaty was signed.
4. Which American organisation funded, trained, armed and transported the invasion of Cuba in April 1961?
5. Where did the failed invasion force land?
- Gulf of Tonkin
- Bay of Pigs
- Guantanamo Bay
Similar History resources: