1. Who took over from Rakosi on 24 October 1956?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What action taken in April 1962 increased tensions already running high as a result of the failure of the Vienna Summit and the building of the Berlin Wall?
- America placed nuclear missiles in Turkey.
- Khrushchev and Nixon had a public argument - "the Kitchen debate" - during a visit to a US Trade Fair.
- The Americans would not let Khrushchev visit Disneyland during a visit to Los Angeles.
3. Which American organisation funded, trained, armed and transported the invasion of Cuba in April 1961?
4. Why Khrushchev demanded the withdrawal of American troops from Berlin in 1958?
- It made Capitalist look bad
- Khrushchev wanted to control all of Berlin
- Everyone was staying in East Germany
5. Which of these was not a result of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
- A Nuclear Test Ban Treaty was signed.
- Kennedy lost prestige.
- A telephone "hot-line" was set up.
Similar History resources: