1. What action taken in April 1962 increased tensions already running high as a result of the failure of the Vienna Summit and the building of the Berlin Wall?
- America placed nuclear missiles in Turkey.
- Khrushchev and Nixon had a public argument - "the Kitchen debate" - during a visit to a US Trade Fair.
- The Americans would not let Khrushchev visit Disneyland during a visit to Los Angeles.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why Khrushchev demanded the withdrawal of American troops from Berlin in 1958?
- Khrushchev wanted to control all of Berlin
- Everyone was staying in East Germany
- It made Capitalist look bad
3. Which of these was not a result of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
- Kennedy lost prestige.
- A telephone "hot-line" was set up.
- A Nuclear Test Ban Treaty was signed.
4. What was Castro's reaction to the invasion of April 1961?
- He asked Khrushchev to visit Cuba.
- He asked Khrushchev to defend Cuba.
- He asked Khrushchev to leave Cuba.
5. Who took over from Rakosi on 24 October 1956?
Similar History resources: