1. Who took over from Rakosi on 24 October 1956?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What action taken in April 1962 increased tensions already running high as a result of the failure of the Vienna Summit and the building of the Berlin Wall?
- The Americans would not let Khrushchev visit Disneyland during a visit to Los Angeles.
- America placed nuclear missiles in Turkey.
- Khrushchev and Nixon had a public argument - "the Kitchen debate" - during a visit to a US Trade Fair.
3. Why Khrushchev demanded the withdrawal of American troops from Berlin in 1958?
- Khrushchev wanted to control all of Berlin
- Everyone was staying in East Germany
- It made Capitalist look bad
4. Why was the Berlin wall bulit?
- It was built to stop the East Germans going to West Germany.
- It was built because it look nice.
5. What was Castro's reaction to the invasion of April 1961?
- He asked Khrushchev to visit Cuba.
- He asked Khrushchev to defend Cuba.
- He asked Khrushchev to leave Cuba.
Similar History resources: