1. How often to El Nino/La Nina events occur?
- Every 2-7 years
- Every 1-3 years
- Every 4-5 years
- Every 6-8 years
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is drought a frequent occurrence in California?
- Not enough water resources to cope
- Don't Know
- El Nino/La Nina results in increased aridity. Cold water then leads to limited evaporation and rainfall.
- Very hot climate
3. Why may Californian towns experience high financial losses from wildfires?
- Large economy to spend more on expensive infrastructure and businesses
- More prone to them
- Due to other hazards
- They don't have enough money
4. How many people live within 50km of the fault line?
- More than 70%
5. How much of California's population are below the poverty line?
Similar Geography resources: