1. What are epithelial cells?
- one or more layers of cells sitting in a basement membrane, made of protein fibres.
- parts of lungs
- cells made from helium
- hair-like structures
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which transport across a membrane needs energy and moves up a concentration gradient?
- Active transport
3. What is a phospholipid bilayer?
- movement of oxygen across the wall of an alveolus
- the active site of an enzyme
- all the molecules being arranged so that the hydrophobic tails are inside the bilayer
- a layer of proteins
4. is facilitated diffusion passive?
- i don't know
5. How is surface area to volume ratio calculated?
- by dividing an organism's total surface area by its volume
- by adding the total surface area to volume
- by calculating the volume
- by calculating the total surface area