1. Why does Thetis offer to get Achilles new armour made by Hephaestus?
- Achilles' armour was lost at see bringing Patroclus' body back.
- Hector now wears Achilles armour.
- Patroclus' blood has stained Achilles' armour.
- Achilles' armour won't be strong enough to protect him from Hector.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. When Hephaestus hands over the new armour he has made, what does the shield show?
- Hector's corpse, a fallen Ilium, Patroclus' resurrection and the marriage of Achilles and Briseis.
- Constellations, dancing children, pastures and cities of men.
- Achilles slaying Hector, Patroclus' soul, the mountains of Olympus and the throne of Zeus.
- Festivals of theatre, Athens, children and women milking cattle in Argos.
3. Who accompanies Achilles to the battle field?
4. Why won't Achilles allow Patroclus to be buried?
- He wants to slay Hector first.
- He wants Thetis to ask Zeus to bring him back to life.
- Iris tells him he is dreaming and that Patroclus is alive.
- He wants Agamemnon to apologise first.
5. What does Achilles do when he discovers Patroclus has been killed?
- Silently prepare the Myrmidons for a counter-battle.
- Beat the ground and cover his face with dirt.
- Beat Briseis and throw her to the ground.
- Throw his shield to the ground and weep.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: