1. Why does Thetis offer to get Achilles new armour made by Hephaestus?
- Achilles' armour won't be strong enough to protect him from Hector.
- Patroclus' blood has stained Achilles' armour.
- Hector now wears Achilles armour.
- Achilles' armour was lost at see bringing Patroclus' body back.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who do the Trojans agree with Hector when he suggests attacking the Achaean camp, despite Achilles return to battle?
- They are threatened with death if they do not agree with him.
- They don't trust Polydamus who suggests retreating.
- Athene robs the Trojans of their wits.
- They believe that Zeus will favour them in battle.
3. What does Achilles do to scare the Trojans away from Patroclus' body?
- He launches a burning spear into the midst of Trojan ranks.
- He charges into the midst of the Trojan ranks in search of Hector.
- He releases a super-human scream.
- He beats the ground so hard it quakes.
4. What does Iris tell Achilles when she is sent by Hera to the camp?
- That he needs to show himself in battle to stop the fighting over Patroclus' body.
- That he needs to return to battle to hasten the fall of Troy under Zeus' orders.
- That he needs to retreat from Troy as Hector is planning the largest attack yet.
- That he needs to return to battle to stop Hector from killing Nestor and Ajax.
5. When Hephaestus hands over the new armour he has made, what does the shield show?
- Constellations, dancing children, pastures and cities of men.
- Hector's corpse, a fallen Ilium, Patroclus' resurrection and the marriage of Achilles and Briseis.
- Festivals of theatre, Athens, children and women milking cattle in Argos.
- Achilles slaying Hector, Patroclus' soul, the mountains of Olympus and the throne of Zeus.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: