1. Who accompanies Achilles to the battle field?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does Thetis offer to get Achilles new armour made by Hephaestus?
- Hector now wears Achilles armour.
- Achilles' armour won't be strong enough to protect him from Hector.
- Patroclus' blood has stained Achilles' armour.
- Achilles' armour was lost at see bringing Patroclus' body back.
3. What does Iris tell Achilles when she is sent by Hera to the camp?
- That he needs to show himself in battle to stop the fighting over Patroclus' body.
- That he needs to return to battle to stop Hector from killing Nestor and Ajax.
- That he needs to return to battle to hasten the fall of Troy under Zeus' orders.
- That he needs to retreat from Troy as Hector is planning the largest attack yet.
4. When Hephaestus hands over the new armour he has made, what does the shield show?
- Hector's corpse, a fallen Ilium, Patroclus' resurrection and the marriage of Achilles and Briseis.
- Festivals of theatre, Athens, children and women milking cattle in Argos.
- Constellations, dancing children, pastures and cities of men.
- Achilles slaying Hector, Patroclus' soul, the mountains of Olympus and the throne of Zeus.
5. What does Achilles do to scare the Trojans away from Patroclus' body?
- He launches a burning spear into the midst of Trojan ranks.
- He releases a super-human scream.
- He beats the ground so hard it quakes.
- He charges into the midst of the Trojan ranks in search of Hector.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: