1. What does Iris tell Achilles when she is sent by Hera to the camp?
- That he needs to retreat from Troy as Hector is planning the largest attack yet.
- That he needs to return to battle to stop Hector from killing Nestor and Ajax.
- That he needs to show himself in battle to stop the fighting over Patroclus' body.
- That he needs to return to battle to hasten the fall of Troy under Zeus' orders.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who tells Achilles that Patroclus has been killed?
3. When Hephaestus hands over the new armour he has made, what does the shield show?
- Hector's corpse, a fallen Ilium, Patroclus' resurrection and the marriage of Achilles and Briseis.
- Constellations, dancing children, pastures and cities of men.
- Achilles slaying Hector, Patroclus' soul, the mountains of Olympus and the throne of Zeus.
- Festivals of theatre, Athens, children and women milking cattle in Argos.
4. What does Achilles do to scare the Trojans away from Patroclus' body?
- He launches a burning spear into the midst of Trojan ranks.
- He releases a super-human scream.
- He beats the ground so hard it quakes.
- He charges into the midst of the Trojan ranks in search of Hector.
5. Why does Thetis offer to get Achilles new armour made by Hephaestus?
- Achilles' armour was lost at see bringing Patroclus' body back.
- Achilles' armour won't be strong enough to protect him from Hector.
- Hector now wears Achilles armour.
- Patroclus' blood has stained Achilles' armour.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: