1. Who do the Trojans agree with Hector when he suggests attacking the Achaean camp, despite Achilles return to battle?
- They are threatened with death if they do not agree with him.
- Athene robs the Trojans of their wits.
- They believe that Zeus will favour them in battle.
- They don't trust Polydamus who suggests retreating.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why won't Achilles allow Patroclus to be buried?
- He wants Agamemnon to apologise first.
- He wants to slay Hector first.
- Iris tells him he is dreaming and that Patroclus is alive.
- He wants Thetis to ask Zeus to bring him back to life.
3. Who accompanies Achilles to the battle field?
4. Who tells Achilles that Patroclus has been killed?
5. When Hephaestus hands over the new armour he has made, what does the shield show?
- Hector's corpse, a fallen Ilium, Patroclus' resurrection and the marriage of Achilles and Briseis.
- Festivals of theatre, Athens, children and women milking cattle in Argos.
- Constellations, dancing children, pastures and cities of men.
- Achilles slaying Hector, Patroclus' soul, the mountains of Olympus and the throne of Zeus.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: