1. What does Achilles do to scare the Trojans away from Patroclus' body?
- He launches a burning spear into the midst of Trojan ranks.
- He charges into the midst of the Trojan ranks in search of Hector.
- He releases a super-human scream.
- He beats the ground so hard it quakes.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Iris tell Achilles when she is sent by Hera to the camp?
- That he needs to retreat from Troy as Hector is planning the largest attack yet.
- That he needs to return to battle to stop Hector from killing Nestor and Ajax.
- That he needs to show himself in battle to stop the fighting over Patroclus' body.
- That he needs to return to battle to hasten the fall of Troy under Zeus' orders.
3. Why won't Achilles allow Patroclus to be buried?
- Iris tells him he is dreaming and that Patroclus is alive.
- He wants Agamemnon to apologise first.
- He wants to slay Hector first.
- He wants Thetis to ask Zeus to bring him back to life.
4. Who do the Trojans agree with Hector when he suggests attacking the Achaean camp, despite Achilles return to battle?
- They are threatened with death if they do not agree with him.
- They don't trust Polydamus who suggests retreating.
- Athene robs the Trojans of their wits.
- They believe that Zeus will favour them in battle.
5. Why does Thetis offer to get Achilles new armour made by Hephaestus?
- Achilles' armour won't be strong enough to protect him from Hector.
- Hector now wears Achilles armour.
- Achilles' armour was lost at see bringing Patroclus' body back.
- Patroclus' blood has stained Achilles' armour.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: