- Created by: IzzyDaymond
- Created on: 31-05-15 13:41
1. Why does Thetis offer to get Achilles new armour made by Hephaestus?
- Hector now wears Achilles armour.
- Achilles' armour won't be strong enough to protect him from Hector.
- Patroclus' blood has stained Achilles' armour.
- Achilles' armour was lost at see bringing Patroclus' body back.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Thetis and her water-nymph sisters find out about Patroclus' death?
- They hear Briseis' weeping as she is thrown from the camp.
- They hear Achilles' cries from their home under the sea.
- Antilochus summons them to the camp of Achilles to mourn with him.
- They see Achilles returning to battle from their home at Olympus.
3. What does Achilles do to scare the Trojans away from Patroclus' body?
- He launches a burning spear into the midst of Trojan ranks.
- He releases a super-human scream.
- He beats the ground so hard it quakes.
- He charges into the midst of the Trojan ranks in search of Hector.
4. When Hephaestus hands over the new armour he has made, what does the shield show?
- Hector's corpse, a fallen Ilium, Patroclus' resurrection and the marriage of Achilles and Briseis.
- Festivals of theatre, Athens, children and women milking cattle in Argos.
- Constellations, dancing children, pastures and cities of men.
- Achilles slaying Hector, Patroclus' soul, the mountains of Olympus and the throne of Zeus.
5. Who do the Trojans agree with Hector when he suggests attacking the Achaean camp, despite Achilles return to battle?
- They are threatened with death if they do not agree with him.
- They don't trust Polydamus who suggests retreating.
- Athene robs the Trojans of their wits.
- They believe that Zeus will favour them in battle.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: