1. Why does Thetis offer to get Achilles new armour made by Hephaestus?
- Hector now wears Achilles armour.
- Patroclus' blood has stained Achilles' armour.
- Achilles' armour was lost at see bringing Patroclus' body back.
- Achilles' armour won't be strong enough to protect him from Hector.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who accompanies Achilles to the battle field?
3. When Hephaestus hands over the new armour he has made, what does the shield show?
- Hector's corpse, a fallen Ilium, Patroclus' resurrection and the marriage of Achilles and Briseis.
- Constellations, dancing children, pastures and cities of men.
- Achilles slaying Hector, Patroclus' soul, the mountains of Olympus and the throne of Zeus.
- Festivals of theatre, Athens, children and women milking cattle in Argos.
4. How does Thetis and her water-nymph sisters find out about Patroclus' death?
- Antilochus summons them to the camp of Achilles to mourn with him.
- They hear Briseis' weeping as she is thrown from the camp.
- They hear Achilles' cries from their home under the sea.
- They see Achilles returning to battle from their home at Olympus.
5. Who tells Achilles that Patroclus has been killed?