1. What does Iris tell Achilles when she is sent by Hera to the camp?
- That he needs to show himself in battle to stop the fighting over Patroclus' body.
- That he needs to return to battle to stop Hector from killing Nestor and Ajax.
- That he needs to return to battle to hasten the fall of Troy under Zeus' orders.
- That he needs to retreat from Troy as Hector is planning the largest attack yet.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who do the Trojans agree with Hector when he suggests attacking the Achaean camp, despite Achilles return to battle?
- They are threatened with death if they do not agree with him.
- They don't trust Polydamus who suggests retreating.
- Athene robs the Trojans of their wits.
- They believe that Zeus will favour them in battle.
3. What does Achilles do when he discovers Patroclus has been killed?
- Silently prepare the Myrmidons for a counter-battle.
- Throw his shield to the ground and weep.
- Beat the ground and cover his face with dirt.
- Beat Briseis and throw her to the ground.
4. Why won't Achilles allow Patroclus to be buried?
- He wants Agamemnon to apologise first.
- He wants Thetis to ask Zeus to bring him back to life.
- He wants to slay Hector first.
- Iris tells him he is dreaming and that Patroclus is alive.
5. Who accompanies Achilles to the battle field?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: