1. What does Achilles do to scare the Trojans away from Patroclus' body?
- He releases a super-human scream.
- He charges into the midst of the Trojan ranks in search of Hector.
- He beats the ground so hard it quakes.
- He launches a burning spear into the midst of Trojan ranks.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who tells Achilles that Patroclus has been killed?
3. What does Achilles do when he discovers Patroclus has been killed?
- Beat Briseis and throw her to the ground.
- Beat the ground and cover his face with dirt.
- Throw his shield to the ground and weep.
- Silently prepare the Myrmidons for a counter-battle.
4. When Hephaestus hands over the new armour he has made, what does the shield show?
- Achilles slaying Hector, Patroclus' soul, the mountains of Olympus and the throne of Zeus.
- Hector's corpse, a fallen Ilium, Patroclus' resurrection and the marriage of Achilles and Briseis.
- Constellations, dancing children, pastures and cities of men.
- Festivals of theatre, Athens, children and women milking cattle in Argos.
5. Why won't Achilles allow Patroclus to be buried?
- He wants Agamemnon to apologise first.
- He wants to slay Hector first.
- Iris tells him he is dreaming and that Patroclus is alive.
- He wants Thetis to ask Zeus to bring him back to life.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: