1. What does Iris tell Achilles when she is sent by Hera to the camp?
- That he needs to return to battle to stop Hector from killing Nestor and Ajax.
- That he needs to show himself in battle to stop the fighting over Patroclus' body.
- That he needs to retreat from Troy as Hector is planning the largest attack yet.
- That he needs to return to battle to hasten the fall of Troy under Zeus' orders.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Thetis and her water-nymph sisters find out about Patroclus' death?
- They hear Achilles' cries from their home under the sea.
- They see Achilles returning to battle from their home at Olympus.
- Antilochus summons them to the camp of Achilles to mourn with him.
- They hear Briseis' weeping as she is thrown from the camp.
3. Who tells Achilles that Patroclus has been killed?
4. What does Achilles do to scare the Trojans away from Patroclus' body?
- He charges into the midst of the Trojan ranks in search of Hector.
- He beats the ground so hard it quakes.
- He releases a super-human scream.
- He launches a burning spear into the midst of Trojan ranks.
5. Who accompanies Achilles to the battle field?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: