1. What is a superlative?
- A word showing a mental process.
- A command shown within a sentence.
- Adjectives that are presented in the most extreme value and usually ending with '-est'.
- One adjective relating to another and usually ending in '-ier'.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is rhetoric?
- Contrasting language.
- A question requiring an answer.
- Persuasive language.
- A question which compels the reader to consider the answer.
3. When a speaker is directly referred to, what is it called?
- A prosodic feature.
- Received Pronunciation.
- A non-fluency feature.
4. What is an adjacency pair?
- A response which depends on and results from the previous utterance.
- An organised and co-ordinated manner in the way in which the speakers speak.
- Two words that are spelt different, yet sound exactly the same.
- When two speakers say the same thing at the same time.
5. What is an 'indirect reference' to something called?
Similar English Language & Literature resources: