1. What is an 'indirect reference' to something called?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is it called when two words are connected with a hyphen?
- Compound Words.
3. What is a word with 2/+ more syllables called?
- Polysyllabic lexis.
- Monosyllabic lexis.
4. What is it called when something is explained in the manner of somthing else?
5. What is an adjacency pair?
- Two words that are spelt different, yet sound exactly the same.
- When two speakers say the same thing at the same time.
- A response which depends on and results from the previous utterance.
- An organised and co-ordinated manner in the way in which the speakers speak.
Similar English Language & Literature resources: