1. What is a word with 2/+ more syllables called?
- Polysyllabic lexis.
- Monosyllabic lexis.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the form of a text?
- The structure and shape.
- The main/recurring ideas within a text.
- Background information linking to the text.
- What the text actually is about.
3. What is a superlative?
- A command shown within a sentence.
- One adjective relating to another and usually ending in '-ier'.
- Adjectives that are presented in the most extreme value and usually ending with '-est'.
- A word showing a mental process.
4. What is a hypophora?
- An answer immediately following a rhetorical question.
- Informal language.
- Over-exaggeration of something.
- A word which could have different multiple meanings.
5. What is it called when the weather or environment reflects emotions?
- Homeric Simile.
- Pathetic Fallacy.
Similar English Language & Literature resources: