1. What is an adjacency pair?
- Two words that are spelt different, yet sound exactly the same.
- When two speakers say the same thing at the same time.
- A response which depends on and results from the previous utterance.
- An organised and co-ordinated manner in the way in which the speakers speak.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the form of a text?
- The structure and shape.
- Background information linking to the text.
- What the text actually is about.
- The main/recurring ideas within a text.
3. Intonation, stress and pitch are examples of what features?
- Phonological features.
- Prosodic features.
- Paralinguistic features.
4. What is the difference between intonation and pitch?
- Intonation is the variance in the speaker's voice and pitch refers to the actual tone.
- Pitch refers to the general variance in the speaker's voice and intonation refers to the actual tone.
- Intonation refers to the actual sound of the word.
5. What is rhetoric?
- Persuasive language.
- Contrasting language.
- A question requiring an answer.
- A question which compels the reader to consider the answer.
Similar English Language & Literature resources: