1. What is an ellipsis?
- Representation of a significant pause.
- Omission of a vowel/syllable in the pronunciation of a word.
- Omission of vowel at the end of the word when the next word begins with a vowel.
- One speaker speaking over another, interuppting them.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a hypophora?
- Informal language.
- An answer immediately following a rhetorical question.
- A word which could have different multiple meanings.
- Over-exaggeration of something.
3. What is it called when something is explained in the manner of somthing else?
4. Intonation, stress and pitch are examples of what features?
- Prosodic features.
- Paralinguistic features.
- Phonological features.
5. What is a definite article?
- a 'doing' word.
Similar English Language & Literature resources: