1. Which of the following is an example of a tag question?
- 'It's warm, isn't it?'
- 'When was the last time it was this warm? When shall we go out?'
- 'Will it get warmer soon?'
- 'Is it warm?'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an ellipsis?
- Representation of a significant pause.
- One speaker speaking over another, interuppting them.
- Omission of a vowel/syllable in the pronunciation of a word.
- Omission of vowel at the end of the word when the next word begins with a vowel.
3. What is an 'indirect reference' to something called?
4. When a speaker is directly referred to, what is it called?
- A prosodic feature.
- A non-fluency feature.
- Received Pronunciation.
5. What is a definite article?
- a 'doing' word.
Similar English Language & Literature resources: