1. Feminists argue that women don't stay at home during fear of victimisation for safety, but rather because of their psychological state. E.g.
- The threat of patriarchal violence they could face from men.
- They aren't aware of the outside world, so don't want to venture away from home.
- Staying at home has led to insanity, but they still fear going outside.
- If they have mental issues, they are likely to not be allowed out from care home etc.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is an alternative to prison?
3. Disciplinary power has been typical since the 19th century. This consists of governing...
- Body, mind or 'soul'. Done through surveillance.
- Society's opinions.
- Everyone's mind.
4. Which of the following is not a criticism of SCP?
- It ignores causes of crime (poverty or poor socialisation), so hard to develop long-term crime reduction strategies.
- Assumes rational choice calculation happens, yet some crimes are impulsive.
- Chaiken et al: Designing out NY roberries didn't happen, it merely displaced them.
- Clarke: rational choice theory exists.
- It focuses on opportunistic petty crimes, ignores costly & harmful white collar, corporate and state crimes.
5. Give a modern example of SCP:
- Indigo Ship Port, Hawaii
- Port Authority Bus Terminal, New York
- Grand Central Bus Terminal, Manhattan
- Camden, London
Similar Sociology resources: