- Created by: Broken Rose
- Created on: 15-06-15 22:49
1. Which of these is incorrect about Philiadelphia chromosome?
- occurs between chromosomes 9 and 21 by reciprocal translocation
- BCR - ABL fusion gene encodes BCR ABL kinases -which is unique to Lukemia cells
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is proliferation controlled in normal cells
- Activate oncogenes transiently (i.e for a short by mitogens) and INactivate tumour suppressor genes transeintly
- Uncontroled activation of oncogenes and deactivation of tumour supressor genes
3. What is neoplastic transformation?
- Conversion of a normal cell to a malignant cell
- cooperation of multiple genetic changes within a cell
- Causes a permanent activation
- A gene which encodes signalling molecules that can act as Growth factors, protein kinases and transcription factors that activates gene expression
- a gene when mutated or expressed at a high level turns a normal cell into a malignant one
4. Which of these is correct for a normal cell?
- balance process disrupted
- Loss of differentiation
- By reducing the immune barrier
- Apoptosis doesn't occur
- balance between the growth promoting and restriction factors
- Continue cell proliferation
5. How can Mitotic crossover play a role in cancer?
- It is an event where a cancer causing reccesive allele may be expressed and thus predispose the cell causing development of cancer
- It does not play a role
- It is an event where a cancer causing dominant allele is sometimes expressed and thus predispose the cell causing development of cancer