- Created by: Laura Thompson
- Created on: 12-05-15 12:50
1. What evidence is there that the 3rd Crusade was a failure? Example
- Siege of Jerusalem: succeeded in dismantling seige towers
- Agreement of crown of Jerusalem didn’t work.Conrad assassinated
- Ever since death of prophet Muhammad, there was a split in religion
- Close co-operation between Greeks and crusaders
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. How far was failure due to lack of manpower?
- Didn’t think he could hold Jerusalem with the amount
- makes leading lords swear oath of loyalty to him
- “Stand fast together, trusting in Christ and victory of Holy Cross” motto
- withdrew February, June – withdrew!
3. How important was Muslim unity in failure of 3rd Crusade? Example
- Saladin’s armies were failing him.Less trust. Finances running low
- Byzantine government representative, provided guides until Antioch.
- discovery of the Holy lance raised morale
- Got tricked by the Muslims – greedy, mostly died
4. How important was divided leadership in the 3rd Crusade?
- Richard attacked the town Phillip was staying in
- Reform movement, areas in France Pope visited
- Crusaders younger sons who wouldn’t inherit family land went
- Pope described Jerusalem as “the land of milk and honey”
5. How successful was King Richard in achieving his objectives?
- Pilgrims were allowed to enter Jerusalem – Treaty of Jaffa
- brother of King of France.
- close friend+keen supporter of pope.
- wife deeply religious.She made him go.