1. What did the Stangor and Rubie research find?
- Gender schema and gender constancy are simply different stages
- Kids under 4 showed no gender constancy but strong sterotypes, suggesting Kohlberg's theory is wrong and the gender schema theory is right
- Kids under the age of 6 recalled more consistent pictures than gender inconsistent pictures
- Schemas are important shown by children aged 4-9 given toys labelled either girl or boy toys and children payed most intention to their in-group
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the A01 points for biosocial explnations of gender dysphoria?
- Brain sex theory, Stroller, mental illness, trauma
- Hare et al, Brain sex theory, Stroller, mental illness
- Genetics, Hare et al, Brain sex theory, Miller
- mental illness, trauma, Trivers, Miller
3. What did Slaby and Frey find?
- Only at 3-4 do children realise gender is constant over time and those who answered correctly showed greatest interest in same sex models
- 2 years olds were 70% correct in identifying gender compared to 90% of 3 year olds, showing improvement with age
- Children under 5 identified a doll as a girl depite it having genitals on show
- That the ages Kohlberg proposed are incorrect
4. Whatd did Reiner and Gearhart find?
- 14 (XY) males with cloacal extrophy were assigned females at birth but despite this, all were mascualine and 8/14 reversed to male
- The size of the SDN is 2x larger in males than females and in MtF transsexuals had the SDN size of a woman
- A case study of a boy who has his penis burn't off and was converted into a female, however he later returned to male
- Testosterone was injected into rats and the girl babies born were both physically and mentally mascualine
5. What are the 3 evaluative studies of Kohlberg's theory?
- Geher et al, Thompson, Slaby and Frey
- Thompson, Slaby and Frey, McConaghy
- Thompson, Slaby and Frey, Anderson
- McConaghy, Martin and Little, Thompson