1. What did McConaghy find?
- Children under 5 identified a doll as a girl depite it having genitals on show
- 2 years olds were 70% correct in identifying gender compared to 90% of 3 year olds, showing improvement with age
- Only at 3-4 do children realise gender is constant over time and those who answered correctly showed greatest interest in same sex models
- That the ages Kohlberg proposed are incorrect
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Whatd did Reiner and Gearhart find?
- Testosterone was injected into rats and the girl babies born were both physically and mentally mascualine
- The size of the SDN is 2x larger in males than females and in MtF transsexuals had the SDN size of a woman
- 14 (XY) males with cloacal extrophy were assigned females at birth but despite this, all were mascualine and 8/14 reversed to male
- A case study of a boy who has his penis burn't off and was converted into a female, however he later returned to male
3. What are the 3 studies used to evaluate the biosocial explanations of gender dysphoria?
- Chung et al, Zucker et al, Coate et al
- Cole, Miller et al, Zucker et al
- Chung et al, Zucker et al, Walster et al
- Chung and Coate, Walster and Walster
4. How can the biosocial theory be evaluated?
- Evoultionary explanation
- Socialisation explanation
- Social role theory
- Kohlbergs theory
5. What studies are used to evaluate the role of genes/hormones on gender development?
- Little Albert, David Riemer, Diamond, Swaab
- Reiner and Gearhart, David Riemer, Diamond, Swaab
- Reiner and Gearhart, David Riemer, Little Hans
- Swaag, Diamond, Little Hans, Reiner and Gearhart