1. What did Slaby and Frey find?
- Only at 3-4 do children realise gender is constant over time and those who answered correctly showed greatest interest in same sex models
- 2 years olds were 70% correct in identifying gender compared to 90% of 3 year olds, showing improvement with age
- Children under 5 identified a doll as a girl depite it having genitals on show
- That the ages Kohlberg proposed are incorrect
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the A01 points for biosocial explnations of gender dysphoria?
- mental illness, trauma, Trivers, Miller
- Hare et al, Brain sex theory, Stroller, mental illness
- Brain sex theory, Stroller, mental illness, trauma
- Genetics, Hare et al, Brain sex theory, Miller
3. What are the 4 studies for the A01 of cultural influences on gender essay?
- Mead, Walster et al, Eagly and Wood
- Mead, Williams and Best, Buss, Eagly and wood
- Mead, Williams and Best, Buss, Eagly and Ennis
- Williams and Best, Buss, Eagly and wood, Ennis
4. What are the 4 studies used to evaluate the gender schema theory
- Martin and Little, Martin and Halverson, Brabard et al, Stangor and Rubie
- Martin and Halverson, Brabard et al, Stangor and Rubie, Ennis et al
- Martin and Little, Brabard et al, Stangor and Rubie, Martin and Martin
- Martin and Halverson, Brabard et al, Walster et al, Stangor and Rubie
5. What did Swaab find?
- 14 (XY) males with cloacal extrophy were assigned females at birth but despite this, all were mascualine and 8/14 reversed to male
- Testosterone was injected into rats and the girl babies born were both physically and mentally mascualine
- The size of the SDN is 2x larger in males than females and in MtF transsexuals had the SDN size of a woman
- A case study of a boy who has his penis burn't off and was converted into a female, however he later returned to male