- The Balti Triangle (curry houses)
- Brindley place (hotels and restaurants)
- Broad Street (Night clubs)
- The Bullring (shopping centre)
- The City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- St Paul's square (live popular music)
Issues facing this city:
- Not enough good-quality affordable housing.
- Too much traffic and pollution
- a CBD with rundown or unused buildings
- high unemployment in certain areas.
- a mixed culture with ethnic segregation.
Help for inner cities: New Deals for communties (NDC)-
- Launched by labour goverment in 1999