Q3a) two stengths of the behaviourist approach
PARA 1: STRENGTH NO. 1
- scientific approach uses scientific applications to study behaviour that is objective and directly measurable, thougths and feelings are operationalised interms of stimulus and response behaviour.
- they believe that through they use of scientific method we can analyse, quantify and compare behaviour.
- people want evidence to show if treatments have been successful rather than just being asked to believe it works.
PARA 2: STRENGTH NO. 2
- behaviourist approach focuses on the here and now, as it is not concerned with the person's past
- they treat mental disorders by not looking at roost causes, but focuses on the current problem and trying to treat them.
- for example, aversion…