1 Problems of Discrimination and Racism
- Racially prejudiced employers will not give jobs to certain ethnic groups; religiously prejudiced employers will not give jobs to certain religious groups.
- Prejudiced landlords are likely to refuse accommodation to certain ethnic groups or religions.
- If teachers are prejudiced against certain ethnic minorities or religious groups, they will discriminate against them in their teaching so that those pupils might not achieve the results they should.
- Prejudiced police officers will discriminate against certain ethnic or religious groups, for example by stopping and searching them when they have no real reason for doing so.
The effects of these problems:
- If certain groups feel that they are being treated…