- To document the start, duration and end of offending behaviour from childhood to adulthood.
- To investigate the risk and protective factors predicting offending and antisocial behaviour; and the influence of family background.
The study was based on 411 boys aged 8-9 years, born in 1953-4 who attended 6 state schools in a deprived area of London. The boys were predominantly white working class.
- A prospective, longitudinal survey. [prospective study - A study in which participants are identified according to current risk status or exposure and followed forward through time to observe outcome.]
- The participants have been studied for more than 40 yeas and Farrington et al have published a series of reports.
- In this report on the group,…