The Act of Ten Articles:
Five of the articles related to doctrines and five to ceremonies.
Articles related to doctrines:
- That Holy Scriptures and the three Creeds are the basis and summary of a true Christian faith.
- That baptism conveys remission of sins and the regenerating grace of the Holy Spirit, and is absolutely necessary as well for children as adults.
- That penance consists of contrition, confession, and reformation, and is necessary to salvation.
- That the body and blood of Christ are really present in the elements of the eucharist.
- That justification is remission of sin and reconciliation to God by the merits of Christ; but good works are necessary.
Articles related to ceremonies:
- That images are useful as remembrancers, but are not objects of worship.
- That saints are to be honored as examples of life, and as furthering our prayers.
- That saints may be invoked as intercessors, and their holydays observed.
- That ceremonies are to be observed for the sake of their mystical signification, and as conducive to devotion.
- That prayers for the dead are good and useful, but the efficacy…