The attempts of Hoovers government to deal with the Depression.
- Hoover had become president in early 1929 in the middle of the 1920's economic boom.
- He had great confidence in the buisness system in the USA and believed the government should interfere as little as possible.
- When faced with the crisis in late 1929 he believed that the voluntary cooperation between buisnesses and the government would solve things.
- He had meetings with buisness leaders to enusre that they would maintain employment and production levels.
- He offered over $4,000 million for major buliding project in the construction industries to provide new jobs.
- For example work started in 1931 on the Hoover Dam on the Colarado river.
- He cut down taxes so that…