SPEC 7- ENERGY TRANSFER AND PRODUCTIVITY
- Gross Productivity- the amount of energy taken in by ORGANISM.
- Net Productivity- The amount of energy available for the next trophic level
- Gross Primary Productivity- The total biomass produced energy taken in by PLANTS - by Photosynthesis.The Biomass production is reduced by respiration.
- Net Primary Productivity- The rate of production of a new biomass that is available to the next trophic level.
- Respiration = Gross primary productivity - Net primary productivity
- Gross primary productivity= Net primary productivity + Respiration
- Energy efficiency= (Current Trophic Level/ Previous Trophic…