Germany: 1914 – 1933 Enabling Act
1. Who ruled Germany until the end of WW1? (1 mark)
* Kaiser Wilhelm II.
2. What happened to this person at the end of WW1? (2 marks)
* Forced to abdicate.
* Fled to Europe/Holland.
3. How did Ebert deal with the Left Wing Revolutionaries/Spartacists? (1 mark)
* He used the Freikorps (ex-soldiers) to crush them.
4. How did Ebert deal with the strength of the Freikorps and the Kapp Putsch? (2 marks)
* He used the workers – they went on strike and the new government collapsed.
5. What three problems did the Weimar government face in 1923? (3 marks)
* The Occupation of the Ruhr.
* Inflation – Hyperinflation.
* The Munich Putsch.
6. Name one individual…