- Token economy is a system of behaviour modification based on stystematic reinforcement.
- The individual and clinician decide on what the desirable behaviour is eg eating (in the case of anorexia) and what the reward will be eg a trip home.
- In order for this method to work, the individual must decide on the reward.
- The token rewards desirable behaviour with items that can be used to trade for a desirable item later on.
- Achievable goals are set for the patient. The individual must be able to achieve the goals that they have been set.
- The clinician must explain the programme to the individual. They must be able to understand what is required and what…