- Drug therpay focuses on alternating neurotransmitter levels. This could be either increasing or reducing them.
- Drug treatment therefore may be used to block receptors so that neurotramsmiters cannot activate the receptors to increase activity.
- Neurotransmitters that are commonly involved in mental disorders include serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline.
- In treating sz, antipsychotics are used which increease seretonin levels.
- Different types of drugs are given to different disorders and the clinician needs to ensure they monitor the effetcs that the drug is…