- Created by: adaaeze
- Created on: 09-04-16 15:40
- An increase in the activity of the dopamine reward system has been linked to increase in addictive behaviours.
- Stimulation of the MDP is involved in pleasure and reinforcement. The neaurotransmitter mainly involved in this is dopamine.
- In normal situations the MDP is constantly active, releasing small amounts of stable mood states. So there is a balance between our reward centres and our control centres (which tell us when we've had enough).
- MDP is activated when we eat something pleasurable. When we want it again, our craving centre is then activated.
- So, eating chocolate eases the craving which gives us pleasure. This is the same with eating chocolate.
- Substances may also influence secretion of endorphins in the EOS. This is like our innate pain relieving system
- Endorphins act as nuotransmitters at 3 major…