- Created by: LesPhantom24601
- Created on: 09-04-15 20:13
· Easily took over from Churchill
· Called an election and increased the conservative majority
· Should have been very popular and successful as he had been training since the 1930’s.
· Was foreign secretary during the war and during Churchill’s second term.
ü Leading up to Suez, increased British pride. People felt Britain was on the verge to a new era of opportunity and excitement.
1956 Suez crisis broke his political standing and his health
53% supported Eden’s actions – causes international outrage
USSR threatened to use rockets against…