- Created by: Fredcatley
- Created on: 08-11-18 14:24
Wundt and introspection
- Wudnt established the first psychology lab: opened in Germany, 1879, aim was to describe the nature of the mind in a controllled environment.
- Wudnt pioneered introspection: the first systematic experimental attempt to study the mind by breaking up conscious awareness into basic structures of thoughts and images. Isolating consciousness in this way is called structuralism.
- Standardised procedures: same standardised instructions were given to all pp's and procedures could be replicated.
- Significance of Wudnt's work: it marked the seperation of modern scientific psychology from its broader philosophical roots.