- Created by: KittyKatKatiexx
- Created on: 27-04-17 18:33
- No working or moving parts
- Concept models of the product- being produced or already has been produced
- Manufactured from variety of materials- ABS, Acrylic and Styrofoam- High finish which makes them look like the real thing.
- Often used in advertising, photographs and brochures.
- Produced using cells and sub cells
- Smaller and smaller cells- more detail can be added
- Good representation of product produced
- Cross sections or plans and elevations can be viewed on the monitor while looking at the solid thing.
- 2D images struggle to achieve user friendly or aesthteically pleasing
- Useful tool
- Able to identify shape, dimension and surface details.
- Very high level of detail
- Computer generated as well as solid block model
- Can identify argonomic factors.
- Designers can 'get a feel' for the product
- Helps you figure out if the product is…