- Created by: studybuddy1101
- Created on: 10-05-21 19:24
Lenin's economic policies: The NEP
Why did Lenin implement the NEP?
- to meet Russia's urgent need for food
- In response to the Kronstadt rising in 1921
- In order to rebuild Russia's economy after war communism and the civil war.
What were the features of the NEP?
- central economic control relaxed
- the requisitioning of grain to be abandoned
- Peasants were allowed to keep their food surpluses and sell them for profit.
- Money was to be reintroduced as a means of trading
Why was there resistance to the NEP?
Created a mixed economy, where some features of capitalism existed alongside socialism, which angered many of the Bolsheviks
- It was opposed by Trotsky who saw war communism as…