HISTORY REVISION PAGES FOR:
THE CHINESE REVOLUTION
· The last years of the Qing: the Dowager Empress Cixi, the system of government and its weaknesses in the early 20th century.
· The impact of the west: humiliation but a source of new ideas and reform; the Boxer movement.
· The spread of reformist and revolutionary creeds.
· The attempt by the Qing to reform.
· The revolution of 1911-12
- Political disintegration - Yuan and warlords.
NATIONALIST AND COMMUNISTS
· Japan and national humiliation - 1915 and 1919 - May 4th
· Sun Yat Sen and the GMD - the hope of national rebirth.
· The birth of the CCP.
NATIONALIST TRIUMPH AND COMMUNIST SURVIVAL