- Created by: Adam Groves
- Created on: 04-04-11 16:40
Physical security protects the hardware. Here are 6 examples
1. Serial numbers- Keep a record of all serial numbers and mark the organisation's name and postcode on all equipment
2. Alarms- Computer rooms should be protected by burglar alarms
3. Fire Protection- Use fireproff dores and smoke alarms. Also automatic gas-flooding systems could be used to put out any fire to prevent water damaging the equipment.
4. Lock windows and doors to prevent access.
5. Avoid putting computers on the ground floor of buildings where can be seen outside easily.
6. Blinds or curtains should be closed at night and monitors switched off so the computers are less visible.