- God's power is a key part of his nature.
- three ways we can view God's omnipotence
- That he knows everything, even the logically impossible OR that he knows only that which is logically possible OR omnipotence is a statement of the power of God.
- 1) supported by Descartes. God can change laws of science etc. to be able to do anything
- Mackie later argues that its wrong to say God can do the logically impossible because there is actually no such thing - 'only a form of words which fails to describe any state of affairs'
- God is still more powerful than humans with this second definition - just because something is logically possible for humans doesnt mean we can do it.
- Plantinga says he may choose to limit his powers so that humans may have free will
- Aquinas says that God's power…