Hey guys here are some notes on the case studies for this topic. I hope they help!
- The core regions of India are more developed.
- Areas like Maharasthra are part of the core region.
- Reasons for it's level of development are:
- They have services such as banking, insurance, IT.
- Manufacturing like steel and textiles.
- Leisure and business services like hotels and restaurants.
- Entertainment- Film Industry (Bollywood).
- The peripheral regions of India are much less developed.
- Areas like Bihar and Kashmir are part of the peripery.
- Reasons for it;s level of development are:
- The average income is low (about 6000rupees(£75) a year).
- 80% of people work in low income and low level jobs.
- Despite fertile soils many farmers do not own their own land so they have to rent it (but most farmers are only able to grow enough to…