- Created by: Lizzie
- Created on: 21-04-12 13:06
Meaning of Believing In God as Unity and Trinity-
- Christians believe in only 1 God.
- Christians should only worship him.
- Believe God is split into 3.
- Christians can understand God's power and importance through unity.
- Trinity helps to understand God's presence in the world.
- The trinity is a unity like a shamrock (three parts in one).
Importance of Belief in Unity-
- First of 10 commandments.
- Jesus teaches it's the greatest commandment.
- It is in the teaching of the catechism.
- God is omnipotent- only if he is a unity can he be all-powerful.
Importance of Belief in the Trinity-
- Helps show different ways God is present on earth.
- The bible shows the trinity- Jesus' baptism; God speaks, Jesus is baptised and Holy Spirit descends in form of dove.
- Part of apostolic tradition.
- Teaching of the Catechism and in the creeds.
Meaning of Believing in God as the Father-
- Christians should have a father/child relationship.
- God has a relationship of love and care in his creation.
- God provides daily bread and protection for evil (in the Our Father prayer)
- Christians can turn to him in need.
- Jesus taught his disciples (therefore all Christians) to call God 'Father'- teachings of Jesus are basis of faith.
- Creeds and Catechism teach it.