- It is quite easy to spot a formal style of writing. Common features include: a non-emotional balanced tone, standard English without slang, long sentences with correct punctuation, and an impersonal sound - the writer doesn't try to relate to you.
- Textbooks, manuals, business letters, job adverts and news reports are all often written in a formal style.
- Formal writing often has a stern, serious tone.
- It will include long sentences, a strict sound, and an impersonal opinion.
- When writing about a formal style, it…