- This includes things like specialist terms, jargon and statistics. It gives an impression of the writer having in-depth knowledge of the topic they are talking about.
- It is often used to present facts to support an argument, making it more convincing to the reader.
- When writing about technical language, you should describe the impression the technical details create, and say how it helps the writer's argument.
- Writers use emotive language to get the reader to feel strongly about something. This could be feelings of disgust, happiness, or any emotion.
- Language is often made emotive by strong adjectives.
- Emotive language can emphasise…