Texts that argue or persuade
- When people write to argue, they want to get people to agree with their point of view. Try try to write clearly and forcibly to get their points across. At the end, the reader should have no doubt about what the writer's opinion is.
- Sometimes writers try to persuade the reader to do something.
- This kind of writing will be very clear and open about its aims and opinions.
- Writing to argue will contain clear opinions from the start, with stats to back up the argument. Some of them may contain rhetorical questions to challenge the reader to think about the issue.
- Persuasive writing will have…