- Created by: maisiesmall
- Created on: 28-02-20 20:19
IntensiveFarming - uses methods that will produce the highest possible yield. Production is usually large scale, with huge areas growing the same crop.
- large mechanical equipment is used to save time and cut down on production costs.
- artificial fertilisers are added to the soil to supply the nutrients needed for the crops to grow.
- pesticides are used. Pesticides are chemicals that control pestd and protect crops. They include: insecticides, herbicides (weedkiller) and fungicides.
- some people have concerns or the use of artificial fertilisers and pesticides. They can harm wildlife, damage the environment and some think they have a harmful effect on human health as well.
Organic Farming - food grown naturally…