- Created by: Alisha Eve Haley
- Created on: 30-04-16 20:22
GCSE Additional Science - Nuclear Physics
- Atoms are made up of protons, neutrons and electrons.
- There are protons and neutrons in the nucleus and there are electrons in the outer shells which are also called 'energy levels'.
- The atomic number is the proton number.
- The mass number is the nucleon number.
- An isotope has the same number of protons and different numbers of neutrons.
- An alpha particle is equivalent to a helium nucleus which is made up of…