- Recognised as a distint psychiatric condition and included in the DSM.
- It is when children experience disruptions of early attachments that leads to affecting their social and emotional development.
Children with this Attachment Disorder have:
- No preferred attachment figure.
- An inability to interact and relate to others that is evident before 5 years old.
- Experience of severe neglect or frequent change of caregivers.
Two types of Attachment Disorder:
- Reactive or inhibited = shy and withdrawn, unable to cope with most social situations.
- Disinhibited = over-friendly and attention seeking.
Turner and Lloyd (1995)
Privation is only one factor
- Some research suggests: children who do not form a…