This was given to me by one of the examiners, Ali who helped write the purple revision book. All of this is correct and will give you 12 marks.
- Gender behaviour is determined by genes through the chromosomes in the egg and sperm.
- The egg contains the X cromosome and the sperm comtains either X or Y chromosome.
- If the sperm contains the X chromosome it will be a girl but if it contains the Y chromosome it will be a boy.
- All the foetuses will develop into females UNLESS there is a Y chromosome.
- The Y chromosome will cause the male foetus to develop testes at around 7 weeks.
- In a female other genes cause the foetus develop overies.
- Gender behaviour is also determined by hormones with testoterone influencing male bahaviour and estrogen influencing female behaviour.
- Males are…