2.1 (24) - Enzyme Inhibitors
What are enzyme inhibitors?
- Substances that reduce the reaction rate in an enzyme-controlled reaction because they have some effect on the enzyme molecule.
- Two types we need to know for the OCR AS Biology Course are, non-competitive and competitive inhibitors
What are Competitive Inhibitors?
- Competitive inhibitors have a similar shape to the substrate molecule.
- It has the ability to form an enzyme-inhibitor complex.
- This blocks the substrate from being able to enter the enzyme's active site.
- This means the number…
Similar Biology resources: