Believing in God
Main features of a Christain upbringing
- Liklihood of baptism-as part of this sacrament parents promise to to bring their children up as christians-encourage them to believe in God.
- Taught to pray to God
- Taken to church.
- Sent to Sunday school.
- Maybe sent to church school-taught the national curriculum in a christian enviroment.
- Liklihood of confirmation.
- Sacrament may involve a religous experience .
How a religous upbringing may lead to or support belief in God
- Parents will tell children God exists and children will believe what their parents tell them.
- Taught to pray to God-parents would not waste time praying to something that does not exist.
- Seeing others worship in church will make them think God exists.
- Sunday school-learn about christianity and what/why they believe in God.
- Church school-children will believe what their teachers tell them..
- Confirmation-learn more at confirmation lessons and possibly have a religous…