Significance of MLK:
- non- violent attitude
- He was a fantastic orator, inspiring generations with his method of speaking.
- He appealled and gained much support from the govt
- Effectively used media, such as TV, to his advantage.
- Brought about de jure change
- King alienated the poorer blacks in the US, which Malcolm X did not do.
- Debatable as to how much de facto change King achieved.
- Non violent methods were often ineffective against violent police.
Significance of Malcolm X
- Similarly to King, Malcolm X was a fantastic orator and debator and was ale to spread his message across media.
- He received widespread support from…
Similar History resources: