- Created by: ZodiacRat
- Created on: 16-06-15 15:41
- In 1982 flint tools 500,000 years old were discovered.
- Numerous Acheulean flint tools and remains of animals dating to around 500,000 years ago were found at the site.
- Some of the bones were found to display cut marks, and some of the tools bear use wear traces indicative of cutting meat, indicating that the site was used for butchery by some of the earliest occupants of the British Isles.
- Experimental examples of stone-tool-assisted butchery has shown…