- Health- State of physical, mental and social well being, which includes the absence of disease and infirmity (weakness of body or mind)
- Disease is a condition that impairs the normal functioning of an organism. Can be caused by infection with pathogens or parasites.
- Pathogen- An organism that can cause damage to the organism that it infects (the host)
- Parasite- An organism that lives on or in another organism (the host) and causes damage to that organism.
- Diseases can also be caused by genetic defects, nutritional deficiencies and environmental factors. Infectious diseases are diseases that can be passed between individuals
Caused by the parasite Plasmodium. Plasmodium is a eukaryotic, single celled parasite. Its transmitted by mosquitoes. The mosquitoes are vectors- they don't cause the disease themselves, but they spread the infection by transferring the parasite from one host to another. Mosquitoes transfer the Plasmodium…