- Do it. Write.
- Read as much and as often as you can. Remember, every writer is a reader first.
- Keep a journal or notebook handy at all times so you can jot down all of your brilliant ideas.
- Make sure you have a dictionary and thesaurus available whenever you are writing.
- Be observant. The people and activities that surround you will provide you with great inspiration for characters, plots, and themes.
- Grammar: learn the rules and then learn how to break them effectively.
- Stop procrastinating. Turn off the TV, tune out the rest of the world, sit down, and write.
- Read works by highly successful authors to learn what pleases publishers and earns a pretty penny.
- Read works by the canonical authors so you can understand what constitutes a respectable literary achievement.
- Join a writers’ group so you can gain…
Similar English resources: