- Divorce is not welcomed in the teachings of the old testament.
- Moses taught that divorce was permitted if a man found out somethingindecent about his wife.
- In Malachi, God says 'I hate divorce'
- In the sermon on the mount, Jesus said that divorce was worng and that the old testament rules about divorce were not strict enough.
- However, Jesus said that adultery was grounds for divorce.
- In 1981 the chruch of england decided that although a person had been divorced this should not prevent them from marrying somelse in a chruch ceremony.
- The orthodox chruch does allow divorced people to marry a second…
Similar Religious Studies resources: