- Created by: Lizzie Harrison
- Created on: 04-05-12 15:48
Wolsey's rise to power
Wolseys rise to power was a combination of both luck and skill!
- 1905: He became the royal almoner, this was the person that was in charge of giving out the Kings Alms (charity).
- 1914: Becomes Bishop of Tournai and of Lincoln, he is later on made the Archbishop of York
- Sept 1515: He becomes Cardinal Wolsey, and later on in that year he becomes Lord Chancellor. Was a TURNING POINT!!
- Was also appointed Legate a latere by the pope --> this gave him the authority to reform the church.
1 of 1