- Created by: Pokemon/Trainer
- Created on: 24-05-16 09:51
Developing Green Space
Green space can be added to urban areas by;
- developing green gardens on roof tops of buildings
- developing parks
- planting trees alongside canals, walkways, roads and railway lines.
Why is it important to develop green spaces?
- it increases permeable surfaces (helps reduce flooding)
- reduces noise pollution
- absorbs heat, makes areas cooler and more comfortable
- provides community with recreational areas
- relaxing, cleaner environment
- will improve health
- encourages exercise and outdoor activity.
1 of 1