Turning to Crime - Biology - Evaluation (1)
Biology Theories Summary
- Biological theories are reductionist and deterministic
- These theories only really explain certain types of crime, mainly violent ones.
- There's a danger or labelling individuals before a crime has even been committed which can potentially lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- However, biological theories are attractive because they offer the possibilities of screening for criminality intervention programmes and treatments (usefulness).
- We should really conclude that its the interaction between upbringing, environment, cognitive processes, and biology and Individual differences between people that influences whether or not they turn to crime.
- It must also be remembered that everyone has free will; We ultimately choose whether or not to break the law.
1 of 1