- american italians became "americans", by growing to dislike people with coloured skin.
other ethnic groups became frwoned upon such as irish americans, french canadians and german americans.
a hierachy based on colour
1 of 4
- people became racist towards immigrants
- immigrants bought the radical ideas of communism (bolshevism) with them, so america cut down on the number of european immigrants
2 of 4
who were sacco and vanzetti?
- two high-profile victims of the red scare
- italian americans
- openly admitted anarchists
- a trial for armed robbery and murder turned into a trial for radical ideas
- when they were executed in 1927 protests from both radicals and moderates saw the injustice that the trial had conducted
3 of 4
immigration quota act
- number of immigrants had dropped to 150,000 per year
- the larger proportian of immigrants were made sure to be from north-west europe (irish, british and german) rather than south-east europeans (italians and russians)
4 of 4